McCone County is part of the Seventh Judicial District along with Dawson, Richland, Wibaux, and Praire County.
Law and Motion is set for the first Thursday of every month with Judge Katherine M. Bidegaray presiding.
Additional hearings are scheduled throughout the month, please call the office to inquire about them.
The Clerk of the District Court's duties include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping the records for the District Court
- Performing the duties prescribed by statute
- Manages all papers & records filed in the clerk's office
- Attends all hearings held by the court & keeps minutes of the court proceedings
- Issues all process and notices required to be issued
- Enters all orders, judgements, and decrees in the files and judgement docket
- Keeps a register of actions for each case filed in District Court
- Keeps itemized records of all fees received by the District Court.